twitter




Sunday, May 23, 2010

Can I use dreamweaver and publish my project to Freehostia.com?

I have a domain from webdomains4u.com and I host free through freehostia.com. Can I use dreamweaver to create my website and upload to freehostia? If not, can you please recommend what program I should use?



Can I use dreamweaver and publish my project to Freehostia.com?





You can but the uploading would not be directly through Dreamweaver. You could save the files from Dreamweaver and then upload them all through the interface that your host, freehostia.com, has.



Can I use dreamweaver and publish my project to Freehostia.com?



I have never used freehostia.com before, so i%26#039;m not sure as to what server technology it uses, but if they gave you FTP login information when you signed up, yes, you can upload your new site through dreamweaver (go to site%26gt;new site to create new server connection ) if you don%26#039;t have FTP login information, you will have to upload your website files directly through your file manager at freehostia.



regardless of whether you use dreamweaver to upload your files or you do it through the file manager, dreamweaver is an excellent program for designing websites and i highly recommend it.



in order for you to see your new site, you MUST name the very first page you come to (when you type in the web address) %26quot;index.html%26quot; and must be in your www folder on your server space. make sure any linking pages/support files are in there too, and any old site files are deleted also.

No comments:

Post a Comment