twitter




Sunday, May 23, 2010

I need to add a free forum to my website that is windows based, i guess.?

my site is hosted by godaddy and is being built up by another company. I want to get a free forum on my site that is within my site. They are suggesting I purchase another domain name and then pay 40/year to get it hosted on the server at some forum site, but since i am already paying for hosting on my website, why should i pay 40 more?



does anyone know of a free forum that i can integrate into my website hosted by godaddy, that is windows based?



please help soon!!!!



Thanks



I need to add a free forum to my website that is windows based, i guess.?





Totally agree with the previous answer. phpBB is a solid, sound forum package with a huge community and many third party developers.



You won%26#039;t need to worry about it being %26#039;Windows based%26#039; as the software is run by the web server. By the time it gets to your browser its actually only being sent basic HTML as the PHP code is %26#039;parsed%26#039; (translated) by the web server.



Take a look at the sources for the official phpBB website, a page devoted to additions (note that %26#039;hack%26#039; refers to programming and nothing more) and a website run on a fairly standard phpBB installation.



I need to add a free forum to my website that is windows based, i guess.?



id recommend you get phpbb, simple to use. and you can use a subdomain name, not another domain name



ie. forums.youraddress.com



using a subdomain name intergrates your forums with your website, becuase if its a different domain name people think its not your site.

No comments:

Post a Comment