twitter




Sunday, May 23, 2010

How can I own license to my website?

I%26#039;m having a webdesigner build a online store for me but I want to make sure that I hold all the rights to the store. The hosting and domain name is in my name but how can I get the rights to the website itself that he%26#039;s programing for me?



How can I own license to my website?





Do you have a contract? What does it say?



Generally, if you are paying for the work, it is called a work-for-hire and you own the work.



How can I own license to my website?



If you hired him to do the work for you, you own whatever comes from the work. It should be in his contract, probably something specifying that web site developed by %26quot;HIM%26quot;, but the site code, is yours.



You might want to discuss some things with a lawyer, as there will be a lot of things you need to know to make your business succesful and profitable. Spend a $100 for an hour of lawyer time, and it will be useful forever.



Other Replys:always make contract.... or after work is done u copy all files from hosting server for just in case....



Other Replys:You can find step by step guide on how to create a website at http://www.aplis.net/ ,but domain and web hosting yourself and create a ftp account so that the web developer can upload it to your web hosting account.

No comments:

Post a Comment