twitter




Sunday, May 23, 2010

Home-hosted Web Server with 2 wire router/modem?

I cannot access my home-hosted webserver from inside my home network using my registered domain name. I can only access it from outside (such as from work) the netowrk or with a local IP address. This was never a problem when I used a Linksys router, even if I called the page from the web server itself using the domain name.



Any suggestions for a change in configuration to the 2Wire?



I have an AT%26amp;T 2Wire 2700.



Home-hosted Web Server with 2 wire router/modem?





Assuming you%26#039;ve set everything up identically, the new router is either too smart or too dumb to forward packets addressed to the public IP address from the LAN back to your server.



Edit your computer%26#039;s hosts file ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_file ) to override the DNS for that domain name.

No comments:

Post a Comment