twitter




Friday, October 30, 2009

How do domains get their website on the internet?

I hope you understand this.



My e-mail address is me94@optonline.net if you%26#039;d like to contact me.



I would like to create a website and host my own domain. In other words, I would like to publish my own website with out using a website hosting provider.



What I want to know is:



How did Google get their web-page on the internet without paying a monthly/yearly fee to keep it running?



How do domains get their website on the internet?





They buy a server (or network of servers) and host it themselves.



How do domains get their website on the internet?



Basically you have to run your own webserver to match your domain name. However, that would mean you have to run the computer that runs your webserver 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.



Plus, depending on how fast your connection is to the Internet, if too many people visit you at once, your server will choke. That%26#039;s why it%26#039;s more cost effective to host it with a web host.



If you really do want to host for free, you can services like google apps. However, the service is limited and you can%26#039;t really design your site outside of their templates.



Other Replys:You have to use your own computer as a webserver a software was installed on windows 98 for that purpose but Windows XP has an option called IIS which you to enable from Add/Remove Programs %26gt; Add/Remove Windows Components there you will find IIS unchecked you have to enable that option and then start using your computer as a webserver. But for that purpose your computer must stay online 24/7 i.e. if you shut down your system after routine work then your website also goes down.



A better option for you would be to get a cheap domain %26amp; hosting if you need one then contact me at KhawjaShams555@hotmail.com am providing web hosting %26amp; domain %26amp; web design services professionally.



Other Replys:You are wrong in your assumption. Google pays a *fortune* in monthly/annual fees to connect to the internet.



For instance, when I ping Google, I go over my DSL provider%26#039;s lines to Alter.Net in Philadelphia, over their lines to Level3 in Washington, to Level3 in Chicago, where Google has a private line.



Google has a contract with Level3. Level3 has a contract with AlterNet. AlterNet has a contract with my DSL provider. There%26#039;s money passing hands with each contract.



The internet is organized with a lot of big peering centers around the world. In order to connect to the backbone, you need to rent space in a peering center - and *then* negotiate a peering deal with one or more of the backbone carriers. Alternatively, you can make a deal with someone who isn%26#039;t as well-connected, and it%26#039;ll probably cost you less - but your users will have more hops to arrive at your site, and that lag time will affect how responsive your site appears to be.



I have five servers in a world-class data center. There are multiple gigabit ethernet connections to multiple internet backbones. It%26#039;s not just that my hosting customers deserve fast, responsive websites. It%26#039;s also that my hosting customers deserve good hosting rates, and this is the least expensive way to provide good hosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment