twitter




Saturday, October 24, 2009

What do I need to do to have a website?

I wanted to get my own domain name, so I can practice and learn dreamweaver. But when i went to godaddy.com, I kinda got confused. Do I need a domain name and a hosting thing?



What do I need to do to have a website?





Yes you need both. A site like hostmonster and blue host have a free domain name along with hosting services. And bluehost has really nice customer service.



What do I need to do to have a website?



I%26#039;ve used GoDaddy.com and it%26#039;s rather confusing to use, but many people use it, I do believe it requires an FTP feature on your Dreamweaver. I%26#039;m a Intermediate with web design and even I was confused with GoDaddy%26#039;s unfriendly user interface.



Other Replys:Yes, the first step is to register the domain name you want. You also need to have the web site you develop %26quot;hosted%26quot; on a computer that is set up to display web pages (called a web server). You might want to start out by just getting a web page up and running without adding the complexity of the domain part. In many cases, your internet service providor (ISP) may give you space on their servers to host your personal web page. For example, if you use AOL, Verizon, or Comcast, they all give you 10 MB of web space to put your stuff on. Refer to their help pages for %26quot;personal web page%26quot; for how to get that going. Then, once you are comfortable with the mechanics of web design, you can go to the next level by registering a domain name that points to your web pages. Hope this helps!



Other Replys:I%26#039;m sorry for doing this, Nebbi, but would you mind if I ask BrandonS. what website host he recommends, and is there one that is easy to use for a newbie, and does not require that FTP feature? (I%26#039;ve given you thumbs up...i thought your answer was good, but i%26#039;d love more information.



Nebbi, you might want to look up some of the freebie websites, for example www.moonfruit.com. You might be able to practice there for free, and if you don%26#039;t need your website for anything special, you can learn on there. Good luck.



Other Replys:you can just buy dreamweaver and learn it yourself without using it on a website, and just look for tutorials

No comments:

Post a Comment