twitter




Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Website Help!!?

Omg, so I bought the 1and.com1 home web hosting package with the domain, and I have no clue as to how to make my webpage. I mean I could use the web builder, but I want my own custom layout, not one of those crappy premade ones they offer. How can I make and alter my page? Where do I go to input my own code?



Website Help!!?





Open a document on a text program like Notepad and save the file as .html (not as a .txt file.) After that, write it with HTML codes.



Website Help!!?



Okay, I use 1and1 too and it%26#039;s really easy :)



What is your domain name? Go to fttp://yourdomainname.com



the %26quot;fttp://%26quot; extension will take you to the root files. You%26#039;ll have to log in, so check the confirmation email they sent you for your username and password. Hit %26quot;Save password%26quot; so you don%26#039;t have to log in every time. Drag a shortcut to your desktop, too.



Make your website with some tool, be it HTML, Microsoft Frontpage (wich is EASY, and most computers have it. You might have to enable FrontPage extensions in your Hosting package, look into it), Dreamweaver, Flash, whatever. When you%26#039;re done, copy/paste the files into your fttp:// folder and wait for them to upload.



I%26#039;m not sure how much you know about webdesign, but you%26#039;ll have to have ALL files associated with your website IN the fttp:// folder, or else they won%26#039;t show up



Other Replys:What I do is create my layout in photoshop then use the slice tool to cut tables and then save it for web. Then I open up dreamweaver and edit the tables accordingly to allow for text and to make the page stretch vertically and/or horizontally. Just keep all the files your edit in one root folder then once it all looks good all you have to do it upload all the contents of the root folder to your website%26#039;s root folder in ftp and you%26#039;re good to go ;)



Other Replys:just make ur webpage on notepad and den upload it through their FTP Account given to you!!!!!!! If u don%26#039;t like hosting a website wid them... U can transfer your hosting to Kohli Hosting where I am having two website hosted.....



yah contact http://www.kohlihosting.com/ Get a webspace for $14.50 per year with unlimited bandwidth!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment