twitter




Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I bought a website off of e-bay, now what?

I bought a website off of e-bay. Thinking it was in HTML format, instead I have a folder that contains about 900 PHP files. I currently have Yahoo sitebuilder and the site creator from 1%26amp;1. So I have plenty of domain names and web hosting available. I just don%26#039;t know alot about how to build a website from scratch. Any suggestions on how to convert or what I need to do, to be able to use the PHP files.



I bought a website off of e-bay, now what?





Seeing that the site was developed with over 900 PHP files, i%26#039;m going to assume it is a database-driven website.



You%26#039;ll need to have a web developer setup/configure the database in your web hosting environment, as well as the config.php files, and any other files that need to be configured to have the site function properly.



Without knowing exactly what kind of website it is and what functionality it has, it%26#039;s difficult to determine everything that needs to be done.



If you can provide more information, I can provide further assistance. Hope that helps!



I bought a website off of e-bay, now what?



Hey no problem. If you need any additional assistance with this issue or others, please do not hesitate to e-mail me. Report It



Other Replys:Either take a web page design class, or buy a program that will teach you how to build a web site.



Other Replys:in the help section of 1and1 there is an article how to use PHP.



Other Replys:PHP is a scripting language that can be embedded within html to %26quot;make it more intelligent%26quot;.



It is fairly easy to learn if you have a programming background. I suggest getting a book.



Other Replys:One of those php files is the default. I assume you bought a working web site? open it up and have a look at it.



Other Replys:Hello, Im A web designer my web page is boyleswebdesign.com I am more than willing to make a website for your for cheap if you would like, I%26#039;ll do it for as cheap as 30$ please email me at boyleswebdesign@yahoo.com with a description of a site you want and an example site if possible ill send you a quote. Thanks Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment