twitter




Friday, October 30, 2009

Can a website be hosted in USA but be picked up by a "pages in UK" google search?

I think this search type is based upon the location of server where the site is hosted. But I cannot change my hosting or my domain name, so How can I get listed in google UK if I%26#039;m hosted in France, for instance?



Can a website be hosted in USA but be picked up by a %26quot;pages in UK%26quot; google search?





It sure can...Though the UK google is quite UK baised.



Set you meta and other headers properly.



Good luck



Can a website be hosted in USA but be picked up by a %26quot;pages in UK%26quot; google search?



No %26quot;search type%26quot; is not based on the location of the server (the rankings might however differ depending on the Google data center). There is a nice article I found - http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/hostin...



I would suggest you put your site in the DMOZ directory and the different international Google search pages will pick it up from there. Also try to get some inbound links from UK specific web site - yes, this should definitely help.

No comments:

Post a Comment