twitter




Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Translate this computer jargon to normal English please.?

As the top-level domain webpage is the host閳ユ獨 frameset, the browser will look for the icon on the host server (which you are unlikely to have direct access to)閳ユ敃o your icon will not be displayed.



If links from the homepage target the entire window then the favorites icon will be shown for subsequent webpages. To do this, add a target attribute to all links on the homepage;



%26lt;a href=%26quot;aboutme.html%26quot; target=%26quot;_top%26quot;%26gt;About me%26lt;/a%26gt;



http://www.motive.co.nz/glossary/favicon...



I%26#039;m working on getting a FavIcon to appear on my web address A, but I%26#039;m using a frameset redirection so it%26#039;s working on my free web address B, but not on my paid web address A. Ive read this several times, and can%26#039;t seem to find where it tells you to get it to actually fix this. Am I missing something? I think I have access... Which/What is:



top-level domain webpage A? B?



host閳ユ獨 frameset ?



host server ?



entire window ?



target attribute ?



host閳ユ獨 redirection frameset



destination webpage ?



Translate this computer jargon to normal English please.?





I think we need to actually see your domain to troubleshoot this. As long as you put the favicon in your root directory (top level), that%26#039;s all you can do. Technically you don%26#039;t really even have to put the link rel=shorcut icon tag in your documents anymore.



Post your URL and we can all take a closer look. We may be seeing your favicon while you are not, so tell us what it looks like also.

No comments:

Post a Comment