twitter




Friday, October 30, 2009

Ok i'm giving up, anyone feel the same?

i have just had yet another violation notice which i feel is unfair - some asked how he could get a van to start a business when he little money, i suggest searching business link%26#039;s grants directory and gave business link%26#039;s website address and phone number. (which note is a government run scheme/site)



i had another similar to this where someone wanted a low cost solution to getting their business on-line and i suggested Microsoft Office Live, a free web design, domain, email and hosting package from Microsoft - this got a violation too!



at the end of Y!A violation notice emails it quite clearly states to contact customer care if you feel you have received the violation in error... so i have done this on both occasions, the first time asking them to highlight the section which was against the rules - i%26#039;ve heard nothing! they just don%26#039;t reply and it%26#039;s so frustrating!!



i like using Y!A, and get satisfaction from helping others but just feel like giving up!!



is it just me?



Ok i%26#039;m giving up, anyone feel the same?





i get violations for just simply answering a question and giving my unoffensive opinion! its a stupid system, but i don%26#039;t come on here for hte levels, points and don%26#039;t care about the violations. just take it for the questions and answers and don%26#039;t invest your heart or soul into it.



Ok i%26#039;m giving up, anyone feel the same?



Yes, frustrating and my friends warn me that you only get more violations the more points you have.



Me, I%26#039;m just disappointed that I logged in today (it%26#039;s my lunch hour) and I can%26#039;t fnd too many interesting questions to answer.



Other Replys:you%26#039;ll be back!



Other Replys:Maybe people are reporting you as spam since you list company info. Some spammers do that, and I report them. But, you can usually tell the difference between real spammers and people like you just giving out company info. I don%26#039;t know. Maybe you%26#039;ll just have to start giving half a$$ed answers like most people. :)



Other Replys:I have contacted them on a couple of occasions and had responses.



it is a very silly system with the violation thing.



I sympathise with you. It can be annoying when someone reports for no reason at all



Other Replys:yep, I%26#039;ve had that too. Some fool was asking about another fool, and my reply was %26quot;Who?%26quot; and I got a violation, screw yahoo.



Other Replys:No it%26#039;s not just you! I%26#039;ll tell you what I believe, you have a %26quot;stalker%26quot; who is turning you in. I lost a whole bunch of points due to the same thing.



I made my Q %26amp; A private so the stalker couldn%26#039;t see where I had been, this made it harder for them to find my answers and %26quot;report%26quot; me.



I too questioned Y!A on what was supposed to be offensive... and got standard replies, no answer though.



Other Replys:your answers looked fine to me it seems that the appeal system is not working . Don%26#039;t give up, keep on answering and to use my favourite quote don%26#039;t let the barstewards get you down



Other Replys:Yeah! it%26#039;s tick%26#039;n me off to. It getting a little ridiculous. I was flagged and deleted about 10x yesterday. I sent an email also with no response. I tried customer care this morning and someone finally contacted me. Not that it will do any good but you should click on customer care.



Other Replys:Yahoo has become so paranoid since the lawsuit threat over their discussion boards (which they subsequently shut down) that they will yank anything that is reported or which they feel could possibly, maybe, somewhere down the road, cause them a problem. Personally, I don%26#039;t blame Yahoo. I blame the whining crybabies and their co conspirator lawyers who have turned this country into Litigation Nation.



Other Replys:i have a feeling you will be back this site is rather addicting!



Other Replys:no it%26#039;s not just you i have had two violations



and like you feel that they were unjust.but at the time i didn%26#039;t know that you could appeal



against them and now i can%26#039;t remember the



Q or A i gave .but not ot worry i just slog on



i say don%26#039;t give it up just stick in .after all it%26#039;s



just a way to pass the time and maybe give



someone a help ...i%26#039;ll be looking out for you



bye...



Other Replys:I can remember my first violation, it was like a slap in the face, cant recall what it was about now !



I%26#039;ve had loads since , it%26#039;s just a laugh now!



I did realise that I could eventually loose my complete yahoo account including e mail, so I have another email address now all set up, just in case!



I still keep popping up on here , and I%26#039;m still enjoying it, having a good laugh at times, but I now diversify and go onto other things!



It really is sad that some folk just come on here to look for and report whatever they feel is %26#039;abuse%26#039;!



But dont give up and dont bother yourself with all this asking yahoo what you did wrong , just enjoy while you can.



Other Replys:OIt is NOT you; it is this site.



Part of the problem is that people get really spooked off by links, thinking that you will direct them somewhere to get a virus.



Others feel that you are %26quot;advertising%26quot; and you get your bell rung for that one.



And as far as the %26quot;appeal%26quot; process goes, that is a joke and a half, as %26quot;customer care%26quot; give not a whit about you and your problems.



If you choose to give up, I certainly understand your frustrations



Other Replys:Try %26quot;appeal a Violation Notice%26quot; in Forum Posting there can%26#039;t hurt %26amp; you can vent a little. Do what you have to do. I can%26#039;t advise you - a real life best friend can help you more.



Other Replys:no,i too get that feeling.



Other Replys:Don%26#039;t feel bad I answered a question about how to weld 2 pieces of metal together and got a violation and points tkaen off! I replied to them the same as it wasn%26#039;t in the guidelines and got no reply either! Yet people can get on here and swear and use vulgar names such as the %26quot;N%26quot; word and get away with it. DO NOT GIVE UP!!!! OKAY?!

No comments:

Post a Comment