twitter




Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Selling how to videos?

I wrote a question on selling how-to videos mdigital gave me this answer :If you want to control the media (ie. sell How to videos) you just need to purchase a domain name, purchase web hosting space and write a simple script (php, perl, etc) that allows users to signup and access your site.



This is exactly what I want to do. I want to make my own videos and give people the opportunity to log in to my site and download a video I have made to their computer.



Can anyone expound on how I can do this ie how do I write a script; how do I setup a login type website, how do I upload video that can be downloaded by others for a charge.



Selling how to videos?





You can do this using static HTML code but I would suggest you need to learn PHP, MySQL or some other dynamic HTML coding language to make your site use %26quot;published content%26quot; which will make future changes to the site easier and makes publishing new videos a more simple task.



Learning to code websites at that level is no easy task so you would be better to pay an experienced developer of this type of site to setup and code your site for you



You also need to consider whether you want to let the users download the videos or merely stream them off the server



Selling how to videos?



Why go through all that trouble when you can have a simple ecommerce site where people can select and order your videos on DVD and have it shipped to them without you doing a thing.



There%26#039;s a company that wil fill your customers orders for you for only $1.60 per CD or DVD. They will burn your video on DVD, label wrap, etc.. and ship to your customer.



You can charge more than you can for a downloadable file because it has a higher percieved value and people are getting a real product in hand. People are able to steal your files online and pass them around to others for free. Selling your videos on DVD, everyone has to pay to get them, and it%26#039;s all done without you lifting a finger. Plus, you get paid immediately by your customer via paypal.



If you like this idea, you can check it out for yourself at makemoneyconcepts.com/cddvdsoft and you%26#039;ll see what I%26#039;m talking about.



Hope this helps, and you can contact me for further assistance if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment